Useful snowmobile trail pass info
L’alliance de l’industrie touristique du Québec, le Ministère du Tourisme du Québec, the Fédération des clubs de motoneigistes du Québec (FCMQ) and snowmobile clubs, work closely together to offer you the best-possible options when you’re planning to go snowmobiling in Québec.
Regional trail maps
Order or download maps online.
2017-2018 season Quebec trail permit prices
|$315||Annual trail permit purchased on or before December 9, 2017*|
|$390||Annual trail permit purchased after December 9, 2017|
|$560||Annual trail permit purchased on the trail**|
|$230||Annual trail permit for antique snowmobiles (1997 and older)|
|$570||Annual trail permit for a snowmobile rental|
|$215||7-day trail permit|
|$130||3-day trail permit|
|$60||1-day trail permit|
** Purchase your trail permit before hitting the trails! Extra charges apply when the annual trail permit is purchased on trails. Please note that permits issued for old sleds and daily or weekly permits, cannot be purchased on trails.
Annual trail permit must be purchased on FCMQ website.
A few snowmobile planning recommendations
- Never leave alone, whether you are experienced or not.
- Always decide on an itinerary based on the time you have reserved for your winter vacation.
- Find the addresses and telephone numbers of the hotels and restaurants to establish contact.
- Determine the average distance you think you will be travelling for every day of your trip.
- Look for information on the regions to visit and choose your point of arrival.
What you need before hitting the trails
- Your FCMQ trail permit (sticker and canari receipt)
- Your snowmobile registration certificate
- Your driver’s license (for public road crossings)
- Proof of $500,000 liability insurance coverage
- Proof of age (driver’s license only)
- A rental contract (if your snowmobile is rented)
- A competence certificate (for operators aged 16 and 17)
“Operation of snowmobile on a Federation trail is strictly forbidden unless the operator has a prescribed trail permit.” (FCMQ By-Laws, Section 11)
A valid trail permit is mandatory for riding on trails groomed by FCMQ’s member snowmobile clubs. Three types of trail permits are available for regular snowmobiles and a specific permit is required for driving rental snowmobiles.